The Global Aluminium Flat Rolled Products Outlook to 2020
The global aluminium flat rolled products (FRP) market has witnessed a major structural change in the last two years:
- The effects of the economic slowdown and the fragility of market sentiment has been severe in the Western markets, namely North America and Western Europe, where overall demand declined over 14% in 2009;
- By contrast, demand for aluminium flat rolled products in Asia Pacific witnessed rapid growth in 2009 largely supported by China and India. Japan was the worst hit market in Asia with demand declining from both the automotive and electrical markets;
- With economic situation showing signs of recovery, Metal Bulletin Research expects markets to bounce back in 2010. While growth in demand in Western Europe and North America will be slow, markets in Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East are expected to grow at relatively higher rates, helping the global industry.
The Global Aluminium Flat Rolled Products Outlook to 2020 published by Metal Bulletin Research provides:
- Detailed analysis of trends in aluminium foil and FRP usage and potential markets;
- Global coverage across six regions and 27 major markets;
- Demand forecasts by region, by end use sectors and by product type;
- Review of capacity and production trends and the changing FRP manufacturing landscape;
- Detailed analysis of trade flow of aluminium FRP;
- Coverage on prices & margins of aluminium FRP.
Other relevant Metal Bulletin Research reports include:
- Aluminium and Raw Materials: Weekly Market Tracker
- Aluminium Sheet and Extrusion: Weekly Market Tracker
- Base Metals: Weekly Market Tracker
- The Global Outlook for Primary Aluminium to 2018
- The Global Aluminium Foil Outlook to 2019
For more information please call +44 (0) 20 7779 8000 or email us . If you are in the Asia / Pacific region please call +61 3 5221 0715.
Back to the Strategic Forecast Studies homepage