The Indian Steel industry: Market projections and company strategies out to 2015
The Indian Steel industry: Market projections and company strategies out to 2015 is the first report of its kind to provide unique on-the-ground research and strategic recommendations on the aftermath of the current financial crisis and economic recession affecting those looking to invest in, or already operating, in India.
The over 300 page in-depth study offers:
- The independent and unrivalled view of MBR on the demand, supply and pricing prospects of the Indian steel and raw materials industry;
- Critical raw materials scenario;
- Detailed strategic recommendations on competitive strategies to be adopted by Indian steelmakers, and those looking to invest in India, for sustainable and profitable growth;
- Unique and in-depth insights into the Indian steel market and company strategies by MBR consultants and experts, in tandem with Satyabir Bhattacharyya, the former Director - Corporate Strategy and Business Excellence in Ispat Industries Limited;
- The Indian CEO a simple point plan in re-defining the role and leadership style required to successfully meet the domestic and global challenges ahead.
In addition the study looks at:
- Key long-term supply-demand balances for steel and raw materials by-major product including: iron ore, DRI, pig iron, coking coal, HR coil/sheet etc;
- Sales volumes and cost structures for the key steelmakers in India;
- Key strategic insights in leading steelmakers including Tata Steel Limited, Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Ispat Industries Limited, Essar Steel Limited, JSW Steel Limited among others
- Consumption drivers of the end-user industry segments including: construction, automotive, roads, ports, airports, railways and power;
- Government policies on steel and minerals and how these will affect the industry structure and prices over the next decade;
- Investment strategies needed to ensure growth, profitability and sustainability uniquely for the Indian market including how to build organisational capabilities, select the appropriate steelmaking and casting technology and achieve cost efficiency;
- How best to understand and take advantage of the Indian steel business culture
For more information please call +44 (0) 20 7779 8000 or email us. If you are in the Asia / Pacific region please call +61 3 5221 0715.
Other relevant Metal Bulletin Research reports include:
- Steel: Weekly Market Tracker
- Steel Raw Materials: Weekly Market Tracker
- The Quarterly Global Iron Ore Cost Service
- The Quarterly Global Steel Cost Service
- Steel and its Raw Materials: A Global Market Outlook to 2020
Back to the Strategic Forecast Studies homepage