New for 2012 - Trading Iron Ore: An in-depth and independent analysis of the iron ore trading market and how it could evolve
The long established iron ore market has probably changed more in the last three years than in the previous 50 or so. In fact the market has developed even faster than MBR anticipated in its previous edition of their Trading Iron Ore study published in 2008.
A brand new study, Trading Iron Ore: An in-depth and independent analysis of the iron ore trading market and how it could evolve from Metal Bulletins research arm, Metal Bulletin Research (MBR) provides a detailed analysis of the current status of the physical and financial iron ore market, and how they could evolve over the next five years.
Why is this new MBR study so topical?
MBRs 150 pages Trading Iron Ore: An in-depth and independent analysis of the iron ore trading market and how it could evolve study is based on the extensive database and in-depth knowledge of the industry from Metal Bulletin.
The authors have conducted more than 60 in-depth interviews with significant producers, end users, traders, brokers, exchanges and financial institutions that are or could become significant participants in the physical and financial iron ore markets.
The study is designed as an indispensable tool for the benefit of iron ore physical and financial traders, risk managers, operations or back office representatives. They will find useful to have it available for reference when they trade or contemplate entering this market.
Trading Iron Ore: An in-depth and independent analysis of the iron ore trading market and how it could evolve includes:
Iron ore physical flows;
- Current status of the market;
- In-depth analysis and comparison of the methodologies of the three main indices traded so far;
- Analysis of alternative indices and trading tools that exist or are in development as well as associated exchanges;
- A detailed review of the exchanges most active in the current market ;
- Our views in the development of the market over the next five years;
- Detailed information about the more significant companies involved in iron ore financial trading today spread over four separate sections;
- Physical iron ore traders
- International investment banks
- International iron ore consumers
- International iron ore producers
This study is required reading for all industry professionals that are trading physical or financial iron ore or contemplates entering into this market:
- Mining companies
- Steel producers both in the long and flat markets
- Trading companies either already active in physical iron ore trading or other commodities
- Hedge funds
- Financial institutions involved in long-term mining investments and interested in protecting the value of their assets
- Brokers, Exchanges and Clearing Houses already active or willing to enter the market
- Consultants and analyst involved in the commodity sector
Other relevant Metal Bulletin Research reports include:
- Steel: Weekly Market Tracker
- Steel Raw Materials: Weekly Market Tracker
- Quarterly Global Iron Ore Cost Service
- Quarterly Global Steel Cost Service
- A New Age for Steel Metallics: A Global Market Outlook to 2020 for Obsolete Scrap, Prompt Scrap, Industrial Scrap, Pig Iron, DRI/HBI and Iron Ore
For more information please call +44 (0) 20 7779 8000 or email us. If you are in the Asia / Pacific region please call +61 3 5221 0715.
Back to the Strategic Forecast Studies homepage