||Core product coverage
- Steel raw materials
- Iron ore
- Coking coal
- Tube and pipe
- Stainless steels
- Ores and concentrates
- Industrial minerals
- Minor metals
- Wire and cable
- Fundamental, competitive and project/business risk and viability assessments
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, competitor expansion assessments and growth strategy recommendations
- Fundamental market and price analysis and forecasts. As an independent, authoritative source, we help you really understand the future demand, supply and price trends you face
- Uniquely extensive and granular databases, multi-commodity forecasting models and executive networks all fully accessible by our clients
- Management surveys and interviews from key end-users (such as automotive and packaging companies) and metals producers
- Procurement best practice. Are you paying a fair market price for your commodity?
- Market price transparency specific to your product range and requirements
- Budget planning support
- Market entry advice and identification of new value-adding opportunities for producers
- Financial and project valuation modelling and capital-raising assistance
- Price-risk hedging strategies and recommendations
- Training and support to companies and advisors operating in the metals/mining sector
- Commodity workshops identifying new investment opportunities for the financial community
- Marketing and contract negotiation support
- Information technology services feeding our data straight into client spreadsheets and models
- Preparation of internal marketing documentation and conference presentations
Why should you approach us for your consultancy requirements?
- We are a leading commodity market research firm known for its reliability, independence and integrity.
- The Metal Bulletin brand is well known for market research and we have extensive contacts through the steel industry that facilitate this. Our powerful brand opens doors to high-level executives within the metals industry.
- We provide regular, in-depth analysis of global markets, business conditions and consultancy for a range of clients.
- Our degree of regular specialism in analyzing the metals markets means we are ahead of the game compared with our multi-disciplined and multi-sector competitors. We dont need to reinvent the wheel.
- Our consultancy business aims always to provide its clients with a flexible-consulting unit that is in tune with the marketplace, providing the very highest standards of client service, speed of response and attention.
- We have a proven track record of forecasting accuracy, and innovative and provocative research established over more than a decade of continuous publication and bespoke assignments.
- Our clients, in more than 70 countries, include producers, banks, fund managers, metal-driven consumers, brokerages, leading management consultants, economists, strategists, corporate officers and other professionals at the world's leading financial institutions and metals-related corporations.
Since 2011, Metal Bulletin Research analysts have taken the Top 4 and Top 5 positions on the overall APEX leader board for price forecast accuracy in copper and aluminium, with an accuracy rate of over 94%. The APEX survey is Metal Bulletins service that tracks performance of more than 20 top base metal price forecasters, including leading global financial institution analysts. We ranked fifth overall in all base metal forecasts.
- Our research embraces fundamental valuation and market analysis and forecasting through globally integrated models and extensive databases, and is supplemented by a team of specialist consultants and researchers.
- Our extensive and experienced consultant team reflects the companys highest standards of excellence and expertise, with many having previously held senior positions at the worlds leading metal producers, management consultants and metal purchasers.
- We value diverse perspectives and our projects teams reflect the companys many global offices, particularly centred on the emerging markets.
- We believe that the volume of repeat business we receive highlights how reliably we meet our primary objective of delivering total customer satisfaction.
- In an independent survey conducted by the Berne Group in 2011, 64% of respondents regarded Metal Bulletin Research as the best steel information provider of all key competitors in terms of quality of analysis.
- Since October 2006, the Metal Bulletin Group has been part of Euromoney Institutional Investor plc, which is a FTSE-250 company. The latest financial reports can be obtained from www.euromoneyplc.com.
- As part of the Metal Bulletin Group, which includes the leading metals news journal Metal Bulletin, North America's leading daily metals newspaper American Metal Market and their associated events businesses, we have access to an invaluable network of international contacts.
- BCA Research and Ned Davis, leading economics consulting companies, are also fully owned subsidiaries and work closely with us on our long-term economic-based modelling.
What our customers say about us
MBR's study provided real and penetrative insights into a complicated area of research. Based on their work for me, I would be happy to recomment MBR to other clients interested in metals/mining research Director, Davy
Your in-depth market study was extremely insightful, useful and we really appreciated your patience with the myriad questions we funnelled to you to best assist us with our financing of our metals project. I have no problem recommending you to others and we will be using you in future bankable feasibility type work. CFO, Al-Rajhi Group
Metal Bulletin Research is analytical, data-rich and dependable. I can recommend them for high-level market and price forecast studies. Head of Marketing, Ezz Steel
The services are extremely detailed, and a very useful tool for any participant. I can recommend MBR. Trader, Standard Bank
A trusted and reliable business intelligence provider in determining my global tube and pipe business strategy Director Tube & Pipe Division, Duferco SA