A Ten Year Strategic Outlook for the Global Iron Ore Industry
Metal Bulletin Research is pleased to announce a two-part research product A Ten Year Outlook for the Global Iron Ore Industry.
Part 1: Consists of Metal Bulletin Research's (MBR) independent written study, called A Ten Year Strategic Outlook for the Global Iron Ore Industry, which is designed to help you examine the current volatility in the iron ore market, and to plan your strategy through the next 10 years with MBR's forecasts for supply, demand, trade and prices for the major types of iron ore pellets, fines and lump.
Part 2: MBR make available for the first time their complete in-house dynamic model which comes as an additional service to the written study, Part 1 or as a stand-alone product.
This will uniquely allow your company to manipulate and/or update our data with the option of changing specific parameters, modeling economic scenarios and introducing new supply. Thus, allowing you to take confidence when making substantial investment decisions as well as update any change in parameters we have assumed in the model.
View the presentation below for an online demonstration of the unique iron ore report and model:
Key issues examined in this study include:
- This study gives the latest production and export data for 70 plus global mining companies, including historical and 10 year forecast data on by-mine production
- Over 260 forthcoming projects are assessed and the latest updates provided. Which projects are likely to be commissioned on time, delayed, or cancelled altogether?
- Demand and supply analysis and forecasts for the three main iron ore products used in steel making lump, fines and pellets using MBR's sophisticated in-house model
- Detailed insight into key issues such as:
- The changing patterns in iron ore demand
- Industry consolidation
- Freight issues
- Pricing mechanisms
- Government regulations and carbon taxes
- Trends in mining operating costs
- Geopolitical issues in Africa
- Quantitative supply/demand, price sensitivity analysis
(multiple real world scenarios)
- The outlook for spot and contract iron ore prices. This study will uniquely aim to determine, and measure, how much any future iron ore price rise could be down to a "degree of monopolisation" on the part of iron ore miners and how much will be due to the actual supply and demand fundamentals.
- Extensive analysis of new African projects: existing mines and identified projects in Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire, Gabon, Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal and Sierra Leone to include:
- details of technology, technical factors such as ore type and grade, product mix and product grades, equipment, operating procedures and transport
- estimates of operating costs per tonne by main cost item for each type of product (lump ore, sinter fines, pellet fines and pellets as appropriate)
- estimates of capital costs for each main type of asset (mine development, mining equipment, beneficiation plant, pellet plant, transport such as railway, pipeline, ports, etc.
- estimates of capital charges per tonne for each type of product
Request a brochure, table of contents and sample pages
Other relevant Metal Bulletin Research reports include:
- Steel Raw Materials: Weekly Market Tracker
- Steel: Weekly Market Tracker
- Quarterly Global Iron Ore Cost Service
- Quarterly Global Steel Cost Service
- Trading Iron Ore: A full feasibility study for a new derivatives contract
For more information please call +44 (0) 20 7779 8000 or email us. If you are in the Asia / Pacific region please call +61 3 5221 0715.
Back to the Strategic Forecast Studies homepage