The Base Metals Strategic Outlook to 2020
Metal Bulletin Research presents The Base Metals Strategic Outlook to 2020 which provides clarity and direction at a pivotal time for the base metals market. It offers expert analysis and forecasting, and independent guidance to the industry.
With analysis and projections invaluable to consumers, producers, traders, investors and financial institutions The Base Metals Strategic Outlook to 2020 will be an essential tool for corporate planning by decision makers across the industry over the coming decade.
Key questions considered in this study:
- Based on historical correlations, prices are currently too high relative to stocks. Prices are out of sync with the fundamentals. Will prices correct lower to retrieve equilibrium or will the fundamentals catch up? Or have we entered a new era in which the past is no longer and indicator of the future?
- Indeed, the base metals are not simply industrial raw materials any more. They are becoming more like the precious metals in that they are being increasingly used by investors as a hedge against inflation and dollar weakness. How will this shape the long term outlook for prices?
- Have prices got ahead of the fundamentals or will they continue to push higher?
- Are new record high prices achievable over the next decade, and if so when will they come and what will be the key drivers?
- How serious is the danger that prices recoil as government stimulus spending is withdrawn? Should long-term investors wait for better buying opportunities that such a potential correction would present?
- How long will investors seek shelter in commodities as a hedge against inflation and dollar weakness?
The answers to these questions are critical to the success of your business.
This is a forward-looking study focusing on key forecasts and it is designed as a companion to MBR's flagship Base Metals Weekly Market Tracker service. The Base Metals Strategic Outlook to 2020 is based upon data and models developed over the past 15-years of forecasting these markets by its team of experienced specialists around the world.
For more information please call +44 (0) 20 7779 8000 or email us. If you are in the Asia / Pacific region please call +61 3 5221 0715.
Other relevant Metal Bulletin Research reports inlclude:
- Aluminium Sheet and Extrusion: Weekly Market Tracker
- Aluminium and Raw Materials: Weekly Market Tracker
- Base Metals: Weekly Market Tracker
- The Global Outlook for Primary Aluminium to 2018
Go to the Strategic Forecast Studies homepage.