The Ten Year Strategic Outlook for the Global Magnesium Market
This in-depth study offers unrivalled independent analysis of the global primary magnesium industry and its key drivers, including a supply/demand balance and price forecast to 2018, cost curve and analysis of Chinas supply chain.
Metal Bulletin Research is the world's leading independent provider of market analysis for the global metals and mining industry and Clark and Marron (C&M), recognised by the International Magnesium Association as the "premier" magnesium industry consultants in providing independent analysis of the global magnesium industry have joined together to bring you, The Ten Year Strategic Outlook for the Global Magnesium Market in-depth study.
Areas covered in the report include:
- Current and historic magnesium market fundamentals supply/demand balance
- Forecast for demand by end-user sector and consumption by region
- Market direction and potential upside and downside developments
- Supply responses and supply side opportunities
- The cost structure of the primary magnesium industry
- The position of key players on the cost curve
- Major risks facing the industry
- Regulations worldwide and how these will affect the industry
- Price forecast out to 2018 with the scenarios presented for high vs. low demand
- A detailed review of Chinas position in the market
- Analysis of the effect of emerging non-Chinese producers in the market
- Outlook for future magnesium demand within the global automotive industry
The Ten Year Strategic Outlook for the Global Magnesium Market in-depth study is essential reading for all those with an interest in Magnesium as this study assesses key long-term consumption drivers and how these will affect the industry structure and prices over the next decade.
Key questions that the report answers:
- What is the long-term outlook for the global magnesium industry?
- Where will growth in demand most likely come from?
- What are the long-term implications for prices?
- What is the cost structure of Chinas magnesium producers?
- What is the outlook for new magnesium projects outside of China?
Why is this report so topical?
The global magnesium industry has been suffering since 2008 with demand in all major market sectors plummeting and prices falling by up to 50%. This has lead to uncertainty regarding future demand due to both, industrial activity and substitution.
What is the outlook for the global magnesium industry?
To understand the future of the magnesium industry, it is crucial to understand the cost structure of the industrys primary suppliers Chinas magnesium producers. Extensive work for this report was undertaken in China by our analysts who made over 200 individual operating site visits, gained access to data from key technology and equipment suppliers, and built strong relationships with many Chinese producers and industry experts.
There is also comprehensive analysis on the global market including the automotive industrys view of magnesium usage over the next decade.
For more information please call +44 (0) 20 7779 8000 or email us. If you are in the Asia / Pacific region please call +61 3 5221 0715.
Other Metal Bulletin Research reports include:
- Aluminium and Raw Materials: Weekly Market Tracker
- Aluminium Sheet and Extrusion: Weekly Market Tracker
- Base Metals: Weekly Market Tracker
- Metals in Packaging - A Strategic Market Outlook to 2015
- The Global Outlook for Primary Aluminium to 2018
- A Strategic Outlook for the Aluminium Flat Rolled Products Market in Asia to 2018
- Value Creation Strategies for the Steel Industry
Go to the Strategic Forecast Studies homepage.