The Global Uranium Market out to 2025: The reality behind the hype
The Global Uranium Market out to 2025: The reality behind the hype is a much needed study from Metal Bulletin Research (MBR), with over 150 pages of detailed analysis and market forecasts included. This comprehensive study will reflect on the impact of todays debate on energy production on the uranium industry and consider the likely outcome over the next fifteen years.
Metal Bulletin Research has carried out detailed investigations and consulted numerous industry experts in the nuclear power and uranium sectors. Key players in the industry have also been interviewed. Much of the existing analysis of nuclear and uranium has been found to be faulty, relying on unreasonable assumptions and faulty deductions.
New critical analysis and projections include:
- Comprehensive background on uranium as a commodity, the development of resources and its history
- Analysis of how uranium is used in the nuclear sector today and new opportunities for the future
- Consideration of the key factors which underlie the increased interest in nuclear power and how these may pan out in the future
- Introduction of a new and more useful measure of uranium demand, taking into account the vital impact of inventory movements and recycled materials
- Detailed forecasts of nuclear generating capacity by country and its impact on uranium demand
- Equivalent forecasts of uranium production by country going forward, based on an evaluation of mining costs
- In depth analysis of the production plans of the major companies going forward
- Development of a price forecast which offers a radically new perspective on how the industry will develop in the years ahead
- A thoughtful perspective on key uranium market fundamentals and prospective future developments
Key questions addressed in this study include:
- What is the outlook for nuclear power post-Fukushima?
- Are the Chinese and Indian programmes sufficiently robust?
- Where will uranium prices go in this new era? Will they interest potential investors?
- Which countries will join Kazakhstan in leading the global uranium expansion?
For more information please call +44 (0) 20 7779 8000 or email us. If you are in the Asia / Pacific region please call +61 3 5221 0715.
Other relevant Metal Bulletin Research reports include:
- Aluminium and Raw Materials: Weekly Market Tracker
- Aluminium Sheet and Extrusion: Weekly Market Tracker
- Base Metals: Weekly Market Tracker
- The Global Aluminium Flat Rolled Products Outlook to 2020
- The Global Recycled Aluminium Market Outlook to 2020
Back to the Strategic Forecast Studies homepage